VKernel, now part of Dell Software, and the award-winning provider of enterprise-class capacity management and performance monitoring products for virtualized data centers and cloud environments, announced today that vOPS™ Server Explorer had been named one of SearchVMware’s Top Five Free VMware vSphere Tools of 2012. This list was compiled by David Davis, a VMware certified vExpert who is considered an authority on free tools for VMware environments, and has published various listings of all free tools available on the market. Tailored to system administrators managing a virtual environment, vOPS Server Explorer provides three utilities that offer visibility into a virtual environment and detect performance issues in virtualized hosts, VMs and datastores.
- VKernel: http://www.vkernel.com/
- vOPS Server Explorer: http://www.vkernel.com/products/server-explorer/overview
- More VKernel news: http://www.vkernel.com/company/press
- Twitter: http://twitter.com/VKernel
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/VKernel
“We’re thrilled that vOPS Server Explorer is recognized as one of the top free vSphere tools of 2012 by SearchVMware,” said Mattias Sundling, product evangelist, VKernel. “Assessing the state of a virtual environment is a critical first step before determining what types of management controls need to be put into place. This award recognition validates the strength of the vOPS Server Explorer free utility suite as a valuable solution to help system administrators better assess their virtual environments.”
About vOPS Server Explorer
vOPS Server Explorer is a suite of free utilities for VM administrators. This suite is composed of:
- Environment Explorer: Allows system administrators to view ‘at a glance’ overview statistics of all hardware and virtual objects in an environment, counts of VMs suffering from configuration and performance issues and details on efficiency problems. Admins also gain a quick understanding of how much capacity is still available for new VM deployments.
- vScope Explorer: Designed to assess the health of a virtualized environment, vScope Explorer immediately identifies VMs, hosts and datastores that are suffering performance, capacity and efficiency issues.
- SearchMyVM Explorer: Provides "Google-like" search capabilities into a virtual environment.
With a click of a button, users can upgrade to a free trial of vOPS Server Standard to remediate issues detected by this free tool suite.
vOPS Server Explorer is available for download from http://www.vkernel.com/download/server-explorer. This free tool installs in minutes as a virtual appliance and can be installed onto VMware vSphere, Microsoft Hyper-V and Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization environments.
About VKernel (now a part of Dell)
Dell Inc. (NASDAQ: DELL) listens to customers and delivers innovative technology and services that give them the power to do more. VKernel, now a part of Dell’s Software Group, is the number one provider of virtualization management products for virtualized data centers and cloud environments. The company’s powerful, easy-to-use and affordable products simplify the complex and critical tasks of planning, monitoring and predicting capacity utilization and bottlenecks. Used by over 50,000 system administrators, the products have proven their ability to maximize capacity utilization, reduce virtualization costs and improve application performance.
Join us at Dell World 2012 – The Power to Do More. Technology professionals will learn from one another and identify key challenges and opportunities connected to the top forces changing business today. Learn more at www.DellWorld.com or follow #DellWorld on Twitter.
Dell is a trademark of Dell Inc. Dell disclaims any proprietary interest in the marks and names of others.