- Market research insights from recent patient activation tests using the 83bar integrated digital health platform
- Highlights from eight important medical categories, including depression, migraine, and NASH
- Implications of findings for pharma brands, medical devices, and clinical trial recruitment
AUSTIN, Texas - Oct. 10, 2019 - PRLog -- 83bar, LLC has published a series of market research reports from its Patient Activation programs. The reports are now available with key findings and conclusions for eight important medical categories: cryotherapy, depression, melanoma, migraine, NASH, nerve pain, pediatric general anxiety disorder, and SUI.
83bar generated the data in the reports using its fully integrated digital health technology and clinical contact platform. The company already has achieved significant results with its process for provider networks, commercial clients, and clinical trial sponsors. These reports demonstrate the value of the approach in market research applications.
According to Bob Baurys, CEO of 83bar, "To make the most informed decisions, whether you're a healthcare provider or medical marketer, you need to know how the prospective patients will respond, which consumer segments will drive growth, and how messages might shift across categories. This series can guide your strategy with real-world, data-driven market research insights."
Alex Hilderbrand, vice president of patient activation & strategy at 83bar, directed the execution of the market research, as well as the compilation of the data analysis. He says, "Taken together, these reports offer a perspective on medical market trends and evolving healthcare consumer behaviors, supported by our proprietary system." Hilderbrand adds that studies reflected a total of more than 1,000 respondents across the eight markets.
Highlights from the 83bar Patient Activation market research reports:
- Among Cryotherapy patients, there is significant interest in reducing pain reduction, improving athletic performance, and boosting metabolism. In addition, the report reveals an underlying concern with chronic depression or anxiety.
- The Depression study offers a profile of patients frustrated with current treatments. Almost all had difficulty attending work or school. Fully half have tried 4+ medications; yet 49% are not currently under care of psychiatrist. While majority were 18-50, one-third were 50+, revealing a significant opportunity with seniors.
- Melanoma patients who notice changes in skin appearance still may not connect to risk. Nearly 9 out of 10 were not diagnosed; specifically, one-third notice mole with uneven borders, but another one-third did not recognize signs. Half of respondents self-described as "analytical."
- The Migraine report shows more than 74% have been suffering for more than five years, and over 77% expressed dissatisfaction with their current treatment plan. Overwhelmingly, the majority of respondents are interested in migraine treatment options and clinical studies
- The NASH market test verified the ability of the 83bar method to attract hard-to-find patient prospects with pre-qualified medical conditions aligned to protocol inclusion and exclusion criteria for nonalcoholic steatohepatitis
- In the Nerve Pain survey, more than 6 out of 10 of those with deficit in chest and breast experience shooting pain in chest, armpit, or arm. Almost half have been experiencing symptoms more than 3 years, with significant impact on family and work quality of life.
- Results in Pediatric General Anxiety Disorder underscored children experiencing worries about school, friends, or activities, as well as lack of concentration and frequent stomach or headaches. It revealed that while 68% reported quality of life being "extremely" impacted, a significant 72% were not taking medication. Nearly a third of patients had been diagnosed by primary care or pediatricians other than a psychiatrist.
- In Stress Urinary Incontinence, the survey profiled patients frustrated with the impact on daily living. More than half are long-time sufferers; yet one-third have experienced symptoms only 1-3 years. It also showed a high incidence of lower back pain.
For more information and to download any of these reports, visit our 83bar Market Research page.
The team at 83bar also offers custom research services providing focused, comprehensive, testing tailored to individual market needs and client strategies.
About 83bar, LLC
83bar, LLC, headquartered in Austin, Texas, is the leading patient activation marketing agency. 83bar has developed a system implemented by nearly three dozen name brands in health, medical, technology, and devices. The company has a database of more than 850,000 patient engagements over the past three years. Its four-step activation process is integrated to LOCATE prospective patients through risk assessment and health surveys; EDUCATE them to offer solutions and help them make informed decisions; NAVIGATE patients to action by appointment scheduling or service fulfillment; and through comprehensive follow-up, convert these patients to ADVOCATE on behalf of improved treatment and health care. Contact at www.go83bar.com
VP Brand Management, 83bar, LLC
Photos: (Click photo to enlarge)
Read Full Story - 83bar publishes eight new reports from its Patient Activation market research | More news from this source
Press release distribution by PRLog