Edible Films and Coating Market – Growth, Trends and Forecasts (2020- 2025)
The Edible Films and Coating Market research report 2020 provides a basic overview of the industry including definitions, classifications, applications, and industry chain structure. The Edible Films and Coating market report provides information regarding market size, share, trends, growth, cost structure, Edible Films and Coating market competition landscape, market drivers, challenges and opportunity, capacity, revenue, and forecast 2025.
The report delivers a comprehensive overview of the crucial elements of the market and elements such as drivers, current trends of the past and present times, supervisory scenario & technological growth. This report also includes the overall and comprehensive study of the Edible Films and Coating market with all its aspects influencing the growth of the market. This report is exhaustive quantitative analyses of the Edible Films and Coating industry and provides data for making strategies to increase market growth and effectiveness.
Scope of the report:
The report evaluates the growth rate and the Market value based on Market dynamics, growth inducing factors. The complete knowledge is based on the latest industry news, opportunities, and trends. The report contains a comprehensive Market analysis and vendor landscape in addition to a SWOT analysis of the key vendors.
Global edible films and coating market is projected to register at a CAGR of 8.03%, during the forecast period 2020-2025.
Make an Inquiry about this report:
The report presents the market competitive landscape and a corresponding detailed analysis of the major vendor/key players in the market. Top Companies in the Global Edible Films and Coating Market: Dow Dupont, Cargill, Tate & Lyle, Dohler Group, D, Ingredion Incorporated, and others.
Key Market Trends
– Edible coating is an eco-friendly technology, which is applied on many products, to control moisture transfer, gas exchange, or oxidation processes. One major advantage of using edible films and coatings is that several active ingredients can be incorporated into the polymer matrix and consumed with food, thus, enhancing safety or even nutritional and sensory attributes.
– The efforts by food product manufacturers have increased, to increase the shelf life and to improve the existent packaging technology, in turn, ensuring the microbial safety and preservation of food from the influence of external factors. Thus, new product innovations from manufacturers are expected to contribute toward the market growth of edible films and coatings market.
– Several market innovations have been protein-based film oriented. For instance, a United States-based startup, Cambridge Crops, developed a natural and edible coating made of protein that claims to delay the decaying of perishable food products, such as fruits, vegetables, and meat, by reducing contact with gases and water vapor, thereby, slowing down its oxidation and water loss. The patented, all-natural, water-based solution is made of silk fibroin, a protein.
Increasing Demand for Edible Packaging as an Alternative to Plastic Packaging
Globally, the annual consumption of plastic materials has increased from approximately 5 million metric ton in the 1950s, to nearly 230 million metric ton today. Traditional food packaging materials proclaim several shortcomings, in terms of the impact of environmental pollution and the manufacturing requirements for non-renewable resources. Thus, the need for alternative packaging materials and packaging formats has increased at a significant level. Therefore, increasing environmental safety awareness, especially related to packaging degradability issues, has resulted in the launch of various edible packaging products. The rise in demand for edible packaging, backed by an improved focus on research and development, is driving the overall market for edible films and coatings, globally. For instance, in November 2018, researchers from the University of Nottingham developed an edible and 100% biodegradable food film, using plant carbohydrates and proteins. The food film was derived from konjac flour and starch, cellulose or proteins, and has improved storage, safety, and the shelf life of food products.
Asia-Pacific Continue to Dominate the Global Market
China and Japan are the major consumers of edible films and coating market in the region. In China, xanthan gum is one of the most commonly used edible coatings in food products, which is giving rise to high demand for polysaccharide-based films and coatings in the country. However, in the region, researches are being conducted to discover other sources of edible coatings, which may have better results on extending the shelf life and prolonging the freshness of the product. For instance, according to the Royal Society of Chemistry, the researchers investigated several natural antimicrobials, such as Star anise essential oil (SAEO), as a primary component in edible coating products. As a result, the encapsulated SAEO reduced the weight loss of the samples by more than 30% and increased the inhibitory effect of SAEO on browning of yam used as a sample, thereby portraying the method to be highly efficient in protecting fresh produced fruits and vegetables. Moreover, the rising awareness in countries like India is projected to show a very promising market in the forecast period.
Influence of the Edible Films and Coating market report
– Comprehensive assessment of all opportunities and risks in the Edible Films and Coating market.
– Edible Films and Coating market recent innovations and major events.
– A Detailed study of business strategies for the growth of the Edible Films and Coating market-leading players.
– Conclusive study about the growth plot of the Edible Films and Coating market for forthcoming years.
– In-depth understanding of Edible Films and Coating market-particular drivers, constraints, and major micro markets.
– Favorable impression inside vital technological and market latest trends striking the market report.
What are the market factors that are explained in the report?
– Key Strategic Developments: The study also includes the key strategic developments of the market, comprising R&D, new product launch, M&A, agreements, collaborations, partnerships, joint ventures, and regional growth of the leading competitors operating in the market on a global and regional scale.
– Key Market Features: The report evaluated key market features, including revenue, price, capacity, capacity utilization rate, gross, production, production rate, consumption, import/export, supply/demand, cost, market share, CAGR, and gross margin. In addition, the study offers a comprehensive study of the key market dynamics and their latest trends, along with pertinent market segments and sub-segments.
– Analytical Tools: The Edible Films and Coating Market report includes the accurately studied and assessed data of the key industry players and their scope in the market by means of a number of analytical tools. The analytical tools such as Porter’s five forces analysis, SWOT analysis, feasibility study, and investment return analysis have been used to analyze the growth of the key players operating in the market.
Browse in-depth and report summary TOC on “Edible Films and Coating Market”
Customization of the Report: This report can be customized as per your needs for additional data up to 3 companies or countries or 40 analyst hours.
- Edible Films and Coating Market: Where are the opportunities? What does the future look like for the Edible Films and Coating Market? What will be the market size in the next 5 years?
- Market trends: What is driving the market? Where are the key players? What are their strategies? What is holding the market behind? Where is the industry heading for in the short and long-term? How are new developments expected to change the market?
- Technology: How are RO and new brine concentration technologies shaping the market? What are the new revenue channels which companies can explore for growth?
If you have any questions about any of our “Edible Films and Coating Market Report” or would like to schedule a personalized free demo of the Edible Films and Coating market report, please do not hesitate to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can download a product brochure here
Head of Sales Operations
Market Insights Reports
Tel: + 1704 266 3234, +91-750-707-8687
MarketInsightsReports provides syndicated market research on industry verticals including Healthcare, Information and Communication Technology (ICT), Technology and Media, Chemicals, Materials, Energy, Heavy Industry, etc. Market insights reports provide global and regional market intelligence coverage, a 360-degree market view which includes statistical forecasts, competitive landscape, detailed segmentation, key trends, and strategic recommendations.
Note – All the reports that we list have been tracking the impact of COVID-19. Both upstream and downstream of the entire supply chain has been accounted for while doing this. Also, where possible, we will provide an additional COVID-19 update supplement/report to the report in Q3, please check for with the sales team.This Press Release has been written with the intention of providing accurate market information which will enable our readers to make informed strategic investment decisions. If you notice any problem with this content, please feel free to reach us on email@example.com.