NEW YORK, April 24, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The Con Edison Green Team has issued the agenda for its upcoming Energy Efficiency Summit, featuring best-selling author, world-class guitarist and motivational speaker Robin Crow as the keynote speaker. The Energy Efficiency Summit 2012: Transform Your Property into a High Performance Building will be held May 1 at the Hilton New York. Owners of commercial and industrial properties should register at www.conEdsummit.com.
Summit attendees will learn about energy-saving strategies and services, advanced technologies and valuable incentives through a combination of educational sessions, a products showcase, exhibits and a networking event. Educational breakout sessions in the Mercury Ballroom include:
- 10:00-10:45 a.m. Modernization of Building Envelope through Energy Efficiency, moderated by Ilana Judah, International Assoc., AIA, OAQ, LEED AP BD+C, Director of Sustainability, Senior Associate, FXFOWLE Architects
John Hannum, Vice President, Energy & Building Sciences, Israel Berger & Associates
Tony Camarota, President & CEO, EPOX-Z
Dave Davenport, Principal, Harlem Greenfit Management & Urban Greenfit, LLC
- 11:00-11:45 a.m. Using the Latest Lighting Technologies to Improve the Work Environment and Save Money, moderated by Peter Jacobson, Lighting Specialist, Con Edison
Marty Salzberg, Senior Associate, Cline Bettridge Bernstein Lighting Design
Tim Kehrli, Director of Sales, Energy Solutions, Lutron Electronics
Andrew Lindstrom, LC, Director of Business Development for LED Lamps and Systems, Philips Lighting
- 1:00-1:45 p.m. "Knowledge is Power" – Learn How these Con Edison Customers Used the C&I Program to Benefit their Organization, moderated by Lauren Morin, Business Development Representative, Lockheed Martin
Bill Woods, Assistant Building Manager, Edward J. Minskoff Equities
Dianne Anderson, Sustainability Manager, NYU
Joe Kinney, Senior Project Engineer, New Yorker Hotel Management Company
Daniel Gonzalez, Resident Manager, Trump Organization
- 2:00-2:45 p.m. Benefits of Plant Optimization, moderated by Steven Baumgartner, PE, CEM, HBDP, LEED AP, Energy Engineer, Associate, Buro Happold
Hemant Mehta, President, WM Group Engineers
Jamie Dalton, Account Executive, Optimum Energy
David Klee, Director, Optimized Building Solutions, Johnson Controls
- 3:00-3:45 p.m. Using Energy-Efficiency Upgrades to Increase Data Center Capabilities, moderated by Mark Bramfitt, PE, Principal, Bramfitt Consulting
Julius Neudorfer, CTO, North American Access Technologies, Inc.
John Collins, President, Cirrant Partners, Inc.
Brad Morgan, Cooling Solutions Manager, Electronic Environments
Mark Davidson, Chief Sustainability Officer, JouleX Enterprise Energy Management
Paul Garrin, Vice President & CIO, Lighthouse International
Michael Harrington, Manager, Targeted Demand Side Management Program, Con Edison will facilitate the following Con Edison Connection sessions in the Trianon Ballroom:
- 10:00 – 10:45 a.m. Convert to Natural Gas, Joseph McGowan, Manager, Gas Customer Solutions, Con Edison
- 11:00 – 11:45 a.m. Customer Sited Solar PV and Combined Heat and Power Systems, Margarett Jolly, Distributed Generation Ombudsperson, Con Edison
- 1:00 – 1:45 p.m. Electric Vehicles: Market Conditions and Challenges, John Shipman, Department Manager, Electric Vehicles, Con Edison
- 2:00 – 2:45 p.m. Demand Response and the Benefits of Controlling Your Load, Colin Smart, Section Manager, Commercial Customer Solutions, Con Edison
More than 100 Market Partners are expected to exhibit, several of which are scheduled to demonstrate energy-efficient technologies and techniques at the Pitch Stop products showcase in the Rendezvous Trianon. Pitch Stop presentations include:
10:00 – 10:20 a.m.
Jeffrey A. McGaughey
PermaFrost NMR Nanotechnology
10:30 – 10:50 a.m.
Variable Refrigerant Flow
11:00 – 11:20 a.m.
Andrew Topinka & Philip J.A. Ling
Technical Group Services, Inc. &
Powersmiths International Corp.
11:30 – 11:50 a.m.
High-Efficiency Rooftop Units
1:00 – 1:20 p.m.
Greg Fricke &
Leonard Powers, Inc. &
High-Efficiency Condensing Boiler Technology
1:30 – 1:50 p.m.
LED Fixture Replacement vs. Retrofit
2:00 – 2:20 p.m.
James W. Bos, LLC
2:30 – 2:50 p.m.
Wireless DDC Control Technology
3:00 – 3:20 p.m.
Dr. Scott Thayer &
Thermal Jackets for Specialty Equipment
3:30 – 3:50 p.m.
Property and facility managers, engineers and energy managers, C-level executives, energy consultants, architects, designers, contractors, distributors and installers can register for the Summit at www.conEdsummit.com. For more information about the Summit email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-877-797-6347.
The Con Edison Green Team has an energy efficiency program available for almost everyone. To learn which program is right for you, call the Green Team at 1-877-860-6118 or visit www.conEd.com/greenteam.
Con Edison is a subsidiary of Consolidated Edison, Inc. (NYSE: ED), one of the nation's largest investor-owned energy companies, with approximately $13 billion in annual revenues and $39 billion in assets. The utility provides electric, gas and steam service to more than three million customers in New York City and Westchester County, New York. For additional financial, operations and customer service information, visit us on the Web at www.conEd.com, at our green site, www.coned.com/thepowerofgreen, or find us on Facebook at Power of Green.
SOURCE Con Edison