The Modern Architecture + Design Society brings their signature event series back to San Diego for the 7th year in a row to explore southern California’s modern architecture and design. Tour benefits the San Diego Architectural Foundation.
SAN DIEGO (PRWEB) September 18, 2019
Some tourgoers search for an architect or home builder to work with on their next project; others hope to find a little inspiration; whatever the reasons may be, all tour-goers come to see a curated selection of San Diego-area homes that embody the unique modern architecture and design aesthetic of the pacific southwest.
On Saturday, October 12th, the Modern Architecture+ Design Society (MA+DS) will present the 2019 San Diego Modern Home Tour. The annual event gives regional architects, designers, and home builders the opportunity to showcase their work to the community in which they work. In turn, the self-guided tour gives the community an opportunity to engage the minds behind the designs and ask questions, as they explore some of SoCal’s modern homes inside and out.
“The San Diego Modern Home Tour is the second of our two California tours each year,” says MA+DS founder and president, James Leasure. “Southern California’s movement in modern architecture and design is quite special and unique; it blends modern and mid-century with elements of Spanish architecture and design. This year really highlights the potential in renovations and remodeling older homes into new modern living spaces.”
Seven projects have been confirmed for the 2019 San Diego Modern Home Tour, including an ultra-modern architects’ studio. Participating architects and designers, and featured neighborhoods include:
- A modern renovation and re-imagining of a 1984 beach condo in Pacific Beach, designed by Verdant Ventures with Bluhaus San Diego
- A modern renovation and remodel of a 1950 adobe home in Encinitas, designed by Jackson Design and Remodeling
- A second Jackson Design and Remodeling project, located in the sunset cliffs, that modernized a 1952 home
- A brand-new set of Townhouse-style condominiums in Bakers Hill designed by Nakhshab Development & Design
- A small Bay Park house remodeled into a modern home by Boston-based Thoughtcraft Architects, with interior design by Arise Interiors
- A La Jolla mid-century beach house recently renovated and remodeled by Sol Quintana Design with Miguel Rodriguez Construction
- A special bonus treat: visit the remodeled Brandon Beaver Building, originally designed in 1963 by San Diego Modernist Architect Homer Delawie, A.I.A., and renovated in 2017 by current occupants domusstudio architecture
The San Diego Modern Home Tour has named the San Diego Architectural Foundation as the tour’s non-profit beneficiary for the 6th year in a row. Members of the SDAF, along with students from the Design Institute of San Diego and the American Society of Interior Designers chapter at San Diego State University, and the Mesa Interior Design Club of San Diego Mesa College will help staff the event.
Participating homes on the 7th annual San Diego Modern Home Tour will open their doors for viewing from 11AM – 5PM on Saturday, October 12th. Tickets to see all homes are $40 in advance and $50 on the day of the tour. Ages 10 & Up are invited to attend. Details on participants can be found at http://www.sandiegomodernhometour.com
About the Modern Architecture + Design Society: Based in Austin, Texas, the Modern Architecture + Design Society was founded was founded by James Leasure in 2010 as Modern Home Tours, to introduce modern architecture and living to people across the nation. Through fun and informative self-guided home tours in dozens of cities across the USA and Canada, the group invites people into some of the most exciting examples of modern architecture and design in the nation. With carefully selected architects, neighborhoods and architecture, the MA+DS Home Tours are unlike anything you’ve ever seen. Not only will you learn about the cutting edge of home design while on our tours, but you might even get an idea or two for your next home project!
For the original version on PRWeb visit: https://www.prweb.com/releases/san_diego_modern_home_tour_returns_in_october/prweb16577437.htm