Cadence Bancorporation (NYSE: CADE) announced the formation of a Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) Advisory Board to support the community outreach and reinvestment initiatives of Cadence Bank, its wholly owned subsidiary. These initiatives are outlined in the bank’s 2019-2023 Community Benefits Plan, created with input from the National Community Reinvestment Coalition (NCRC).
The CRA Advisory Board serves to strengthen Cadence Bank’s fair lending and CRA programs for low-to-moderate income and underserved minority communities. Members of the CRA Advisory Board will provide strategic guidance and direction on the bank’s affordable housing, small business, economic and community development, and financial empowerment initiatives. The advisory board will meet twice annually, with its inaugural meeting scheduled for February 2020 in Houston.
Seven community leaders have been appointed initially to the CRA Advisory Board:
- Robert Dickerson, Jr., NCRC Chairperson and Executive Director, Birmingham Business Resource Center, Birmingham, Alabama; Dickerson will serve as board chair.
- Aidza Antonio-Thomas, Director, Solita’s House, Tampa, Florida
- Charles Harris, Executive Director, Housing Education & Economic Development, Jackson, Mississippi
- Bambie Hayes-Brown, President & CEO, Georgia Advancing Communities Together, Atlanta, Georgia
- Matt Hull, Executive Director, Texas Association of Community Development Corporations and Texas Community Capital, Austin, Texas
- Jenn Jones, Chief, Membership, Policy and Training, NCRC, Washington, D.C.
- Mary Ellen Juda, Executive Director, Neighborhood Concepts, Huntsville, Alabama
- Mona Lisa Morris, Director of Financial Literacy Programs, Birmingham Business Resource Center, Birmingham, Alabama
- Beverly Watts, Executive Director, Tennessee Human Rights Commission, Nashville, Tennessee
“We welcome these recognized community leaders to Cadence Bank’s CRA Advisory Board and look forward to the expertise and counsel they will bring,” said Mark Washington, Cadence Bank CRA Manager. “Their strategic advice will enhance the many existing initiatives we have in place and help us launch new, innovative programs to further strengthen the communities we serve.”
The Cadence Bank team supporting the CRA Advisory Board includes: Sam Tortorici, CEO; Hank Holmes, President; John Acosta, Executive Group Manager; Tell Alessio, Treasurer; Sharon Geib, Mortgage Division President; Teresa Hemphill, Chief Credit Administration Executive; Eric Heslop, Executive Group Manager – Community Development Lending; Aimee Hamilton, Enterprise Risk Manager; Mark Washington, CRA Manager; Eula Jackson, CRA Community Development Officer, Alabama/Mississippi; Rod Loggins, CRA Community Development Officer, Memphis; Vikki McDonald, CRA Community Development Officer, Florida; Chris Marion, CRA Community Development Officer, Georgia; David Vasquez, CRA Community Development Officer, Houston/San Antonio.
About Cadence Bancorporation
Cadence Bancorporation (NYSE: CADE), headquartered in Houston, Texas, is a regional financial holding company with $17.9 billion in assets as of September 30, 2019. Cadence operates 98 branch locations in Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi, Tennessee and Texas, and provides corporations, middle-market companies, small businesses and consumers with a full range of innovative banking and financial solutions. Services and products include commercial and business banking, treasury management, specialized lending, asset-based lending, commercial real estate, SBA lending, foreign exchange, wealth management, investment and trust services, financial planning, retirement plan management, personal and business insurance, consumer banking, consumer loans, mortgages, home equity lines and loans, and credit cards. Clients have access to leading-edge online and mobile solutions, interactive teller machines, and more than 55,000 ATMs. The Cadence team of 1,800 associates is committed to exceeding customer expectations and helping their clients succeed financially.