YieldBoost RPT To 17.8% Using Options

Shareholders of RPT Realty (RPT) looking to boost their income beyond the stock's 3.7% annualized dividend yield can sell the September covered call at the $15 strike and collect the premium based on the 5 cents bid, which annualizes to an additional 14.1% rate of return against the current stock price (at Stock Options Channel we call this the YieldBoost), for a total of 17.8% annualized rate in the scenario where the stock is not called away. Any upside above $15 would be lost if the stock rises there and is called away, but RPT shares would have to climb 15.5% from current levels for that to happen, meaning that in the scenario where the stock is called, the shareholder has earned a 15.9% return from this trading level, in addition to any dividends collected before the stock was called.
Data & News supplied by www.cloudquote.io
Stock quotes supplied by Barchart
Quotes delayed at least 20 minutes.
By accessing this page, you agree to the following
Privacy Policy and Terms and Conditions.