Newest Collection from Premium Design Brand Shows Off Continued Innovation and Promotes Sustainable Spaces
FLOR®, a high-end area rug brand for homes, offices, and every space in between, today launches its annual Sustainability Issue, featuring its Spring Collection and highlighting the company’s 20-year Sustainability Journey. The collection includes new carpet tile styles that emphasize sleek lines, organic forms, and traditional styles, all contributing to a beautiful, healthy home.
The Spring Collection includes:
- Old Fashioned: A neutral rug style inspired by the 1960s with sleek lines and geometric shapes. Offered in Stone, Jute, and Loam, this pattern adds subtle drama to any space.
- To A Tea: Inspired by classic rug designs, this carpet tile style nods to the past with a fresh take on a cherished classic. It’s sure to bring a touch of reimagined tradition to your home or office, offered in Tidal, Chalk, Ocean, and Blush.
In honor of FLOR’s 20-year anniversary, the brand also took a look back at its sustainability journey and milestones. FLOR is committed to innovating eco-friendly practices that go beyond doing less harm, and actively benefit the planet.
“Our Spring Issue is a celebration of the many achievements along our sustainability journey,” said James Pope, General Manager at FLOR. “We are so proud to be trailblazers in the space, offering customers on-trend, durable, and sustainable area rugs that are good for the Earth. Like the yarns used in our rugs, our journey to sustainability is woven into who we are.”
Since FLOR’s inception in 2003, the brand has continued to make progress towards its sustainability goals, including the below milestones:
- 2007: Beginning its Return & Recycle program, inviting customers to mail their old tiles back to be recycled into a beautiful new rug.
- 2012: Publishing verified carbon footprint data for all products, making it easier for consumers to select low-carbon options.
- 2019: Mission Zero™ success in 2019 ahead of the original 2020 target.
- 2022: Utilizing materials that have sequestered carbon from the atmosphere, creating the first-ever Carbon Negative area rugs.
All area rugs from FLOR are, at a minimum, carbon neutral through the company’s third-party verified Carbon Neutral Floors™ program. Additionally, the company currently offers three carbon negative styles – Peninsula, Hemisphere, and Stratosphere – with plans to expand the collection in 2024. Through the sale of these products over the last year, FLOR has already stored more than 1,000 kilograms of carbon, equivalent to 1,130 pounds of coal not burned, stopping its emission into the atmosphere.
The milestones will not stop here – FLOR and its parent-company Interface® are on a journey to become a carbon negative enterprise by 2040.
Learn more about FLOR’s sustainability journey and goals at FLOR.com/responsible.
FLOR®, the premium design brand of Interface®, has brought high-end area rugs to homes, offices, and every space between since 2003. FLOR carpet tiles are beautiful, easy to install, and responsibly sourced. Our customizable designs are engineered for high-traffic spaces, from family rooms to conference rooms. For more information, visit FLOR.com.
404-214-0722 x 107