Although reports indicate consumers have lower confidence to spend this holiday due to inflation, toys have historically proven to be recession resistant because families want to make sure kids experience the magic and wonder of play. Recently, Toy Trends Specialist at The Toy Association, Jennifer Lynch, participated in a nationwide satellite media tour to discuss the hottest toys for the holiday season.
A video accompanying this announcement is available at: https://youtu.be/MR-RS6VSihw
67 percent of parents said they spend more time playing with their kids now than they did before the pandemic, and 54 percent said they specifically seek out toys that will enable them to make new memories with their children, according to a recent Toy Association survey of 2,000 parents across the U.S.
Here are a few of the hot toys you’ll want to get your hands on this holiday season:
- It’s time for a favorite festive tradition as you build the latest addition to the LEGO® Winter Village Collection. Assemble the snow-capped toy store and music store, then build the streetcar to take the shoppers home. With multiple features and four building booklets included, this set makes a great family project.
- First-ever RC Tonka truck made with cold-rolled steel and 4-in-1 monster action: haul, dump, plow, and stunts! From up to 100 feet, kids can remotely control the high-torque steering in 4-wheel drive, motorized hauling and dumping, and brag-worthy 360° degree stunts! Load objects into the truck bed, secure them with the foldable tailgate, and clear obstacles big and small with the kid-powered plow.
- This year’s limited-edition American Girl collector doll commands attention with its jewel-toned hair, vivid violet eyes and more than 100 Swarovski crystals. The peacock-inspired gown features a taffeta bodice and sweetheart neckline embellished with Swarovski crystals; gathered ombre mesh shoulder straps; a fourtier, full-length ombre mesh skirt with taffeta lining; and an embroidered mesh applique at the waistband. The outfit also includes a metal tiara with blue-and-purple Swarovski crystals; a teardrop Swarovski crystal necklace; a pair of purple Swarovski crystal pierced earrings; iridescent elbow-length gloves, a gold purse and gold sandals.
- Get ready for Print Power! Meet Bamboo Boo and Hoot Couture featuring trendy pattern designs and stylish details. Print Perfect Purse Pets are interactive purses that really blink and respond to your touch with 30 new sounds and reactions. Also available in the line is a Hello Kitty and Friends Loves Purse Pets collection in a larger size for Sanrio fans of all ages
- LEGO Race Cars combines science and racing to create the ultimate STEM LEGO kit! Kids can build a 3-ft long, high-quality chipboard track! See how your race car fares against papercraft obstacles like banana peels, orange cones, boxes, and barrels! Or–place on your opponent’s side of the track to slow them down! Fun, non-fiction content highlighting the coolest, fastest, and weirdest cars ever to exist, plus other cool race car facts! Put physics into action using aerodynamic tips and tricks from the instruction book
For more information, visit thegeniusofplay.org
As an official spokesperson and toy trends specialist for The Toy Association, Jennifer Lynch chats with toymakers throughout the year to track trends and developments impacting the toy aisles and kids’ entertainment. She has been interviewed by publications including New York Magazine, Inc. Magazine, The Spruce and Insider, and made appearances on KTLA-TV, Good Day Philadelphia, WGN Chicago, WNBC New York, KATU Portland, Bloomberg Radio, and CNET, among others. She also serves as the narrator for The Genius of Play’s "Once Upon a Playtime" podcast, which invites listeners to rediscover the value of play through real-life, personal stories of actors, artists, entrepreneurs, and more. Jennifer has more than a decade of experience covering the toy and kids’ entertainment industries. Prior, she served as the editorial manager for aNb Media and its b2c review site TTPM.com, where she oversaw all digital and print communications, reviewed product, and co-hosted a web series conducting in-depth interviews with toy industry executives. She began her career in her home state of Pennsylvania, handling marketing communications for Penn State’s art galleries (her alma mater). She resides in New Jersey with her husband and baby girl.
View source version on newsdirect.com: https://newsdirect.com/news/top-toys-and-trends-for-the-holiday-season-626669965