Virtual event will feature Barbara Pierce Bush and Lauren Bush, Convene experts on the future of wealth
Northern Trust has announced its third annual Wealth Planning Symposium, which will bring together legal and financial experts to share innovative strategies and insights to shape the future of wealth management.
The seminar, which will be virtual and live in Chicago, will be on Thursday, April 27, from 9:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. CT. Registration can be found here; qualified professionals can earn up to six continuing education credits.
The theme of this year’s symposium, “The Power of Resilience,” builds on The Northern Trust Institute’s 2023 Wealth Planning Outlook, which explores how individuals and families are continuing to harness the resilience that macroeconomic challenges and ongoing market uncertainty have demanded of them in recent years.
“On the heels of a year marked by uncertainty and economic headwinds, many are seeking ways to harness the fortitude they’ve gained,” said Pam Lucina, Chief Fiduciary Officer at Northern Trust. “At this year’s symposium, we will bring together top industry experts and leaders to tackle today’s biggest questions and offer guidance on how to identify and seize meaningful opportunities in 2023 and beyond.”
Keynote speakers Barbara Pierce Bush and Lauren Bush Lauren will lead a session to discuss Bush family legacy and share how they found purpose through forging their own individual paths.
Additional sessions include:
- The Hidden Impact of Sudden Wealth: Explore the emotional side of money, how wealth impacts identity and relationships and address taboo financial topics with author Jennifer Risher.
- Shark Tank for Trustees: Cultivate an entrepreneurial spirit across generations and discuss best practices in trust structuring and philanthropy.
- Helping Families Embrace Transparency: Gain practical ways to inspire families, empower the next generation and draft purposeful trust provisions.
- Wealth Planning and Behavioral Science: Learn how to incorporate leading behavioral science research to produce better outcomes for clients and help them avoid the pitfalls of intergenerational wealth planning.
- Divorce, Family Harmony and Trusts: Explore problems that arise during the divorce process and how to manage them.
- A View from the Trenches: Join a discussion between three former practicing attorneys about working in legal services and how the experience informs their current advisory work.
“The Northern Trust Institute’s third annual Wealth Planning Symposium will delve into the essential ideas, solutions, and opportunities that today’s affluent individuals and families – and their team of advisers – should understand in order to build stronger, more purposeful wealth plans,” said Northern Trust Wealth Management President Steven L. Fradkin. “Together, we will dispel the outdated notion that wealthy families are destined to fail by the third generation by providing meaningful wealth planning advice designed to help clients strengthen their resiliency and create a formidable financial foundation that can serve many generations to come.”
Northern Trust Wealth Management offers holistic wealth management services for affluent individuals and families, family offices, foundations and endowments, and privately held businesses. It is recognized for its innovative technology, service excellence and depth of expertise, with $351.4 billion in assets under management as of December 31, 2022. The Northern Trust Company is an Equal Housing Lender. Member FDIC.
About Northern Trust
Northern Trust Corporation (Nasdaq: NTRS) is a leading provider of wealth management, asset servicing, asset management and banking to corporations, institutions, affluent families and individuals. Founded in Chicago in 1889, Northern Trust has a global presence with offices in 25 U.S. states and Washington, D.C., and across 23 locations in Canada, Europe, the Middle East and the Asia-Pacific region. As of December 31, 2022, Northern Trust had assets under custody/administration of US$13.6 trillion, and assets under management of US$1.2 trillion. For more than 130 years, Northern Trust has earned distinction as an industry leader for exceptional service, financial expertise, integrity and innovation. Visit us on northerntrust.com. Follow us on Twitter @NorthernTrust or Northern Trust Corporation on LinkedIn.
Northern Trust Corporation, Head Office: 50 South La Salle Street, Chicago, Illinois 60603 U.S.A., incorporated with limited liability in the U.S. Global legal and regulatory information can be found at https://www.northerntrust.com/terms-and-conditions.
View source version on businesswire.com: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20230316005118/en/