TORONTO, June 06, 2023 — Base Carbon Inc. (NEO:BCBN) (OTCQX:BCBNF) (“Base Carbon“, or the “Company“), a financier of emission reduction, removal, and related climate action projects, announced today that it has received first revenues from the sale of carbon credits generated from the Vietnam Household Devices Project (the “Project”) pursuant to its agreement with Project developer, Sustainability Investment Promotion and Development Joint Stock Company (“SIPCO”), and offtake arrangement with the Citigroup Global Markets Limited (“Citigroup”).
- As previously disclosed, Base Carbon facilitated a carbon credit offtake agreement between Citigroup and SIPCO, developer of the Project, related to the initial 7.4 million carbon credits issued from the Project.
- Base Carbon has now received full payment associated with delivering the initial 1,020,903 cookstove-generated carbon credits to Citigroup.
- The Company anticipates the first carbon credit issuance and associated revenues for the water purifier portion of the Project in the near-term.
“This is a transformational milestone for both our business and the Company’s stakeholders. In just under 12-months from project execution and first capital deployment, we are now a revenue generating company. The anticipated Project cashflows will become more visible through continuous financial disclosure and we look forward to providing more details in the normal course of our operations. Going forward, we will continue expanding our team, and diversifying our business lines and portfolio,” stated Michael Costa, Chief Executive Officer of Base Carbon.
The success of the Vietnam Household Devices Project is representative of Base Carbon’s role in bridging the gap between project developers who require capital and the consumers who seek quality carbon credits. The Vietnam Household Devices Project is an inclusive partnership designed to reduce carbon emissions, improve living standards in project communities and to deliver a return on invested capital.
Efficient household devices are critical to carbon emission reduction and lead to both positive and measurable social and health co-benefits for millions of individuals within the households and communities. Globally, approximately one out of three people rely on polluting cooking fuels including wood, charcoal, and kerosene. Such ‘dirty cooking’ is a leading source of global carbon emissions and kills approximately four million people per annum due to respiratory illness, according to the Clean Cooking Alliance.
In addition to 850,000 cookstoves distributed in Vietnam, the Project includes the distribution of 364,000 water purifiers for which credits are anticipated to be issued in the near term. Project co-benefits are measured based on anticipated improvement in living standards and are viewed by Base Carbon as important drivers of project quality and as mitigators of project risk for stakeholders.
Vietnam Household Devices Project
On May 27, 2022, the Company, through its subsidiary investment vehicle Base Carbon Capital Partners Corp. (“BCCPC”), entered into a project agreement with SIPCO as in-country project developer, to facilitate the Vietnam Household Devices Project. Pursuant to the terms of the agreement, Base Carbon has committed to invest US$20,828,600 to fund the manufacturing, distribution, and monitoring of approximately 1,214,000 household devices across several provinces of Vietnam. Citigroup, under the terms of the project offtake agreement is contracted to purchase the initial 7.4 million carbon credits generated from the Vietnam project.
Rwanda Cookstoves Project
On January 25, 2022, the Company, through BCCPC, entered into a carbon reduction project agreement with a subsidiary of the DelAgua Group to supply cookstoves in the country of Rwanda as part of an expansion of its existing carbon reduction project previously registered as a clean development mechanism (“CDM”) project governed by the United Nations pursuant to the Kyoto Protocol. Pursuant to the terms of the agreement, Base Carbon invested US$8,825,000 to fund the manufacturing, distribution, and monitoring of approximately 250,000 cookstoves across rural Rwanda in exchange for a revenue sharing agreement with respect to the first 7.5 million carbon credits which are expected to be generated by the project. Base maintains a contractual preferential share of the revenues from the first 2.2 million carbon credits generated. First issuance of carbon credits from the Rwanda Cookstove Project continues to be anticipated for mid-2023.
About Base Carbon
Base Carbon provides capital, development expertise and management operating resources to projects involved in the voluntary carbon markets. The Company seeks to be the preferred carbon project partner in providing capital and developmental resources to carbon projects globally and, where appropriate, will endeavour to utilize technologies within the evolving carbon industry to enhance efficiencies, commercial credibility, and trading transparency. For more information, please visit www.basecarbon.com.
Media and Investor Inquiries
Base Carbon Inc.
Tel: +1 647 952 3979
Cautionary Statement Regarding Forward Looking Information
This press release contains “forward-looking information” within the meaning of applicable securities laws with respect of the Company, including but not limited to, statements relating anticipated issuance of carbon credits and to the focus of Base Carbon’s business. In some cases, but not necessarily in all cases, forward-looking information may be identified by the use of forward-looking terminology such as “expects”, “anticipates”, “intends”, “contemplates”, “believes”, “projects”, “plans” or variations of such words and similar expressions or state that certain actions, events or results “may”, “could”, “would”, “might”, “will” or “will be taken”, “occur” or “be achieved”. In addition, any statements that refer to expectations, projections or other characterizations of future events or circumstances contain forward-looking information. Statements containing forward-looking information are not historical facts but instead represent management’s expectations, estimates and projections regarding future events. Statements about, among other things, Base Carbon’s strategic plans, anticipated carbon credit issuances and anticipated revenues are all forward-looking information. These statements should not be read as guarantees of future performance, results, or achievements.
Although management believes that the anticipated future results, performance or achievements expressed or implied by the forward-looking information are based upon reasonable assumptions and expectations, readers should not place undue reliance on forward-looking information because it involves assumptions, known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors which may cause the actual results, performance or achievements to differ materially from anticipated future results, performance or achievements expressed or implied by such forward-looking information.
The forward-looking statements made herein are subject to a variety of risk factors and uncertainties, many of which are beyond the Company’s control, which could cause actual events or results to differ materially and adversely from those reflected in the forward-looking statements. Readers are cautioned that forward-looking statements are not guarantees of future performance. Specific reference is made to the most recent Annual Information Form on file with the Canadian provincial securities regulatory authorities (and available on www.sedar.com) for a more detailed discussion of some of the factors underlying forward-looking statements and the risks that may affect the Company’s ability to achieve the expectations set forth in the forward-looking statements contained in this press release.
Should one or more of the risks and uncertainties materialize, or should underlying assumptions prove incorrect, actual events or results may vary materially and adversely from those described in the forward-looking information. The forward-looking information contained in this press release is provided as of the date of this press release, and the Company expressly disclaims any obligation to update or alter statements containing any forward-looking information, or the factors or assumptions underlying them, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise, except as required by law.
Featured Image @ FreePik
1) The author of the Article, or members of the author’s immediate household or family, do not own any securities of the companies set forth in this Article. The author determined which companies would be included in this article based on research and understanding of the sector.
2) The Article was issued on behalf of and sponsored by, Base Carbon Inc.. Market Jar Media Inc. has or expects to receive from Base Carbon Inc.’s Digital Marketing Agency of Record (Native Ads Inc.) sixty nine thousand four hundred and eighty USD for 22 days (15 business days).
3) Statements and opinions expressed are the opinions of the author and not Market Jar Media Inc., its directors or officers. The author is wholly responsible for the validity of the statements. The author was not paid by Market Jar Media Inc. for this Article. Market Jar Media Inc. was not paid by the author to publish or syndicate this Article. The information provided above is for informational purposes only and is not a recommendation to buy or sell any security. Market Jar Media Inc. requires contributing authors to disclose any shareholdings in, or economic relationships with, companies that they write about. Market Jar Media Inc. relies upon the authors to accurately provide this information and Market Jar Media Inc. has no means of verifying its accuracy.
5) Market Jar Media Inc. and its respective directors, officers and employees hold no shares for any company mentioned in the Article.
6) This document contains forward-looking information and forward-looking statements, within the meaning of applicable Canadian securities legislation, (collectively, “forward-looking statements”), which reflect management’s expectations regarding Base Carbon Inc.’s future growth, future business plans and opportunities, expected activities, and other statements about future events, results or performance. Wherever possible, words such as “predicts”, “projects”, “targets”, “plans”, “expects”, “does not expect”, “budget”, “scheduled”, “estimates”, “forecasts”, “anticipate” or “does not anticipate”, “believe”, “intend” and similar expressions or statements that certain actions, events or results “may”, “could”, “would”, “might” or “will” be taken, occur or be achieved, or the negative or grammatical variation thereof or other variations thereof, or comparable terminology have been used to identify forward-looking statements. These forward-looking statements include, among other things, statements relating to: (a) revenue generating potential with respect to Base Carbon Inc.’s industry; (b) market opportunity; (c) Base Carbon Inc.’s business plans and strategies; (d) services that Base Carbon Inc. intends to offer; (e) Base Carbon Inc.’s milestone projections and targets; (f) Base Carbon Inc.’s expectations regarding receipt of approval for regulatory applications; (g) Base Carbon Inc.’s intentions to expand into other jurisdictions including the timeline expectations relating to those expansion plans; and (h) Base Carbon Inc.’s expectations with regarding its ability to deliver shareholder value. Forward-looking statements are not a guarantee of future performance and are based upon a number of estimates and assumptions of management in light of management’s experience and perception of trends, current conditions and expected developments, as well as other factors that management believes to be relevant and reasonable in the circumstances, as of the date of this document including, without limitation, assumptions about: (a) the ability to raise any necessary additional capital on reasonable terms to execute Base Carbon Inc.’s business plan; (b) that general business and economic conditions will not change in a material adverse manner; (c) Base Carbon Inc.’s ability to procure equipment and operating supplies in sufficient quantities and on a timely basis; (d) Base Carbon Inc.’s ability to enter into contractual arrangements with additional Pharmacies; (e) the accuracy of budgeted costs and expenditures; (f) Base Carbon Inc.’s ability to attract and retain skilled personnel; (g) political and regulatory stability; (h) the receipt of governmental, regulatory and third-party approvals, licenses and permits on favorable terms; (i) changes in applicable legislation; (j) stability in financial and capital markets; and (k) expectations regarding the level of disruption to as a result of CV-19. Such forward-looking information involves a variety of known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors which may cause the actual plans, intentions, activities, results, performance or achievements of Base Carbon Inc. to be materially different from any future plans, intentions, activities, results, performance or achievements expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. Such risks include, without limitation: (a) Base Carbon Inc.’s operations could be adversely affected by possible future government legislation, policies and controls or by changes in applicable laws and regulations; (b) public health crises such as CV-19 may adversely impact Base Carbon Inc.’s business; (c) the volatility of global capital markets; (d) political instability and changes to the regulations governing Base Carbon Inc.’s business operations (e) Base Carbon Inc. may be unable to implement its growth strategy; and (f) increased competition.
Except as required by law, Base Carbon Inc. undertakes no obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future event or otherwise, after the date on which the statements are made or to reflect the occurrence of unanticipated events. Neither does Base Carbon Inc. nor any of its representatives make any representation or warranty, express or implied, as to the accuracy, sufficiency or completeness of the information in this document. Neither Base Carbon Inc. nor any of its representatives shall have any liability whatsoever, under contract, tort, trust or otherwise, to you or any person resulting from the use of the information in this document by you or any of your representatives or for omissions from the information in this document.
7) Any graphs, tables or other information demonstrating the historical performance or current or historical attributes of Base Carbon Inc. or any other entity contained in this document are intended only to illustrate historical performance or current or historical attributes of Base Carbon Inc. or such entities and are not necessarily indicative of future performance of Base Carbon Inc. or such entities.
8) Investing is risky. The information provided in this article should not be considered as a substitute for professional financial consultation. Users should be aware that investing in any form carries inherent risks, and as such, there is a possibility of losing some or all of their investment. The value of investments can fluctuate significantly within a short period, and investors must understand that past performance is not indicative of future results. Additionally, users should exercise caution as transactions involving investments may be irreversible, even in cases of fraud or accidental actions. It is crucial to acknowledge that rapidly evolving laws and technical issues can have adverse effects on the usability, transferability, exchangeability, and value of investments. Furthermore, users must be cognizant of potential security risks associated with their investment activities. Individuals are strongly encouraged to conduct thorough research, seek professional advice, and carefully evaluate their risk tolerance before engaging in any investment endeavors. Market Jar Media Inc. is neither an investment adviser nor a broker-dealer. The information presented on the website is provided for informative purposes only and is not to be treated as a recommendation to make any specific investment. No such information on PressReach.com constitutes advice or a recommendation.Read more investing news on PressReach.com.Subscribe to the PressReach RSS feeds:
- Featured News RSS feed
- Investing News RSS feed
- Daily Press Releases RSS feed
- Trading Tips RSS feed
- Investing Videos RSS feed